You must have legal authorization to work in the US to be legally employed as an alien or foreigner. The diplomats and Green Card holders, who are legal permanent citizens, are exempted from this list. 

They are legally authorized to work in the same way as US citizens. The US government allows diplomats to work in the US, but they don't require us to have work permits. If you want to find a work permit lawyer then visit


The H-1B visa or L-1 visa is the most popular US work permit. However, not all white-collar executives are granted authorization to work in the US. The Employment Authorization Document, which legally is known as the L-1 visa or the H-1B visa, can be obtained in many ways. If you are an asylum seeker, refugee, or investor, the employer can issue it to you in a visa lottery program.

Let's dive into the details to see how the different ways of getting the US to work visa work. Employers can sponsor you to work in the US as a foreign citizen. This is known as a non-immigration petition. After satisfying certain conditions, you may be eligible for a green card. The H1-B, which is for three years and can be extended up to six years, is the most common time-bound visa an employee can sponsor. The intra-company transfer visa and the L-1 visa are only available to employees who have been moved to the US office.

The E-category trade and investor visa is considered the gateway to the green card. Treaties with the US allow foreign investors to trade and invest in the US. E-visa, another US visa that allows foreign nationals to work in the USA, is granted to them. The visa lottery program is another way to obtain a US work visa. Citizens from low-immigration countries can apply, while the Department of State randomly selects 50,000 applicants for the visa. There are no convictions or criminal records, and there is no requirement to be a drug or criminal offender. All 50,000 of them are eligible for green cards to work and live in the United States.